We are producing our short film festival Faces of Hunger which brings attention to food issues in the US.
NYU is co-sponsoring the event. We’re looking for two interns to help us out during the summer. The main tasks will involve securing sponsors such as Canon, notable people interested in hunger such as Jeff Bridges and Mario Batali to promote and judge the films, and working to get as many submissions as possible nationwide before October 16 (the festival date).
Details: Summer Internship, Non-Profit Film Festival, Part-Time; Stipend for approximately 5 hours of work/week. Start date is ASAP.
- Promote submissions to the festival through email and phone outreach
- Research, contact, and secure FOH sponsors, supporters, promoters, and judges
- Provide assistance with preparation of website materials (written or visual)
- Generate specific ideas for promotion and visibility of the FOH festival on an ongoing basis
- Review and recommend updates to the festival’s rules, regulations, and awards
- Take initiative, work independently – we want to hear YOUR ideas on how to make things better
- Use your contacts and connections toward the success of the project
- Possess strong writing skills
- Be able to come to our Office in midtown Manhattan to work with us – we love and need face-time!
- Possess a background or enthusiasm for any of these areas of study: Production, Communications, Business, Social Media, Marketing
- Be comfortable and very familiar with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Be positive. Really. This cannot be stressed enough.