Palms for Life Fund (PFL) is a New York City-based nonprofit with an extensive track record of ongoing international projects in Africa, Latin America and Asia that promote access to education, food, water and sanitation (WASH).
Since its inception in 2006, Palms for Life has impacted the lives of thousands of people around the world. Today, Palms for Life is a thriving nonprofit with multi-million dollar grant-programs operating across the world.
Palms for Life was founded in 2006 by Hannah Laufer-Rottman who has spent her entire career helping poor people improve their livelihoods.
Palms for Life’s headquarters are based in New York City and in 2010 a satellite office in Swaziland was also established to manage a 3 year, $1.9 million dollar USAID-funded project impacting 40,000 school children in 120 schools across the country.
Palms for Life brings to the table more than 35 years of expertise in:
- Establishing reliable local partnerships
- Designing program interventions that are effective forces for change
- Developing implementation strategies
- Establishing Monitoring and Evaluation systems
- Providing financial management, oversight and support
- Mobilizing support for the most vulnerable in our global community.
Our Projects’ Selection Criteria:
All projects supported by Palms for Life must address the following:
- Participatory (inclusive)
- Empowering (creates jobs)
- Responsive to actual needs (proper baseline research & local engagement)
- Cost-Efficient (easily maintained locally)
- Replicable (potential to scale)
- Environmentally Conscious (utilizes local resources & improves natural environment)
- Gender Sensitive (systematically considering the needs of women and girls in program architecture to ensure implementation)
- We build sustainable local capacity.
- We ensure that our projects generate changes of attitudes and behaviors and long lasting results.
- We raise awareness and understanding about hunger and poverty from a human rights perspective.
Message from the Founder, Hannah Laufer-Rottman
let’s join palms“I founded Palms for Life Fund because I have seen poverty throughout the world. I know what it means for poor people to live a life with no hope for the future, and I know with complete certainty that we can make a difference by joining hands and working together. I have seen first hand, from my own life experiences, that the cycle of poverty can be broken. It takes knowledge and participation at the local level, a strong commitment, and a vision that takes in all the factors that create poverty.”